Friday, April 29, 2011
China's Position on Establishing a New International Political and Economic Order
I like it when China says it believes in (1) Mutual respect of sovereignty, (2) peaceful negotiation of disputes, (3) egalitarianism, (4) respect for cultural diversity, (5) mutual economic cooperation. I am referring to this nice article titled China's Position on Establishing a New International Political and Economic Order from the website of the Chinese Embassy in Manila.
I like it because it is so opposite of the actual foreign policy of the U.S. that I notice such as: (1) American citizenship superiority complex, (2) Useof war machinery to press their interest into other nations, (3) Americanization of all cultures worldwide, and (4) Economic empirialism.
I dedicate this to my Facebook Friends who celebrate their birthdays.
Deng Remollo, Edwinni Marie Fermace Montilla, Elizabeth Audith Ratih George, Ernesto Inocencio, Lani Magat, Loi Valdez, Marianne Alimorong Manalo, Nersas Uy Petalcorin, Raya Mae Ibarra Lumogdang, Romeo Salvador, Ryan Christopher Duran, Victoria Lee-Gorospe
Aidyl Dagum-Fuentes, Alilie Penera Adlao, Aprille Joy Pascual Jovita, Chaizx Ü Toxicnaiz, Danah Lou Batalla Sicat, Cristina P. Maagad, ALmai Almeria, Jude Damolo
1. AIRPORT QUALITY DOWN. April 2011. Ninoy Aquino International Airport, voted one of the world's 10 worst airports and the worst in Asia for 2010 by an interactive website. Read at http://globalnation.inquirer.net/news/breakingnews/view/20110412-330747/NAIA-voted-worst-airport-in-Asia-ranks-5th-in-world
2. POVERTY UP. Some 20.5 percent of Filipinos or about 4.1 million families are going hungry while 51 percent, or some 10.4 million families, consider themselves "mahirap" or poor , according to a new survey by pollster Social Weather Stations. See
3. INVESTMENT DOWN. Philippines is second least attractive investment site in ASEAN. The Manila Times Online. March 2011. URL: http://www.manilatimes.net/opinion/2nd-least-attractive-investment-site-in-asean/
4. CORRUPTION UP. Daily Tribune report about the PERC Survey that says Philippines is most corrupt nation in Asia. March 2011. URL: http://www.tribuneonline.org/headlines/20110331hed1.html
5. WARNINGS UP. Corruption Warning About Philippine Real Estate Buying and Investing. Google Blog Nov 2010. URL: http://petalcorin.blogspot.com/2010/11/global-warning-on-philippine-real.html